Monday, June 18

Father I love you!

Father's Day this year was pretty laid back, which I loved! Marcel came home from work just as the stuffed french toast was coming out of the oven for breakfast!
After the scrumptious breakfast we relaxed on the couch for a while and ended up taking a nap! Love those naps!
Once we were caught up on a few Z's we headed to Moroni where we had a delicious lunch followed by my Fire Cake!
Austen, Jes, Mom, Dad, Uncle Mathew, Grandma, Grandpa, & my 2 crazies! 
We ended the evening watching the new Sherlock Holmes (SO good!). I love days like these that are spent relaxing with the ones you love!

A day of tribute to those dads we love so much!
What is a Dad?
A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but insead picks you up,
brushes you off,
 and lets you try again.

A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.

A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...
~Author Unknown

*My dad isn't a man of many words but you always know where you stand with him. This poem sums up so much of what I feel for my dad. He is always there for me and always has been. He has worked so hard his whole life and sacrificed so much just to make sure we had/have it good. He is a tough guy but he would never hurt anyone (unless they threatened those he loves). He is always helping others and always puts himself last. I look forward to his hugs when I visit because they make the world feel safe and just like that I feel like Daddy's little girl again! There is so much warmth and love in those strong embraces! He has accepted Marcel from the very beginning and treats him like his own, which I know Marcel really appreciates! My dad has a smile that lights up his face and when he laughs you can't help but join him! He has the greatest personality too! So many great memories playing tag around the house, dancing around whether there is music playing or not, karate, marbles, drawing, school projects, the list goes on and on! I love this man to the moon and back and I'm so very lucky I get to call him Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment