Thursday, October 14

Lost & Found Pup

On Saturday, 10/09/10, Marcel and I went scouting for deer. We drove down by the pond in the canyon and were just looking around when we saw a dog poke it's head up out of the bushes. Marcel got out of the truck and went over to her. She was laying down and looked/acted really scared. He finally got her to stand up when he offered her some crackers that we had in the truck, which she had a hard time standing because she had been laying there so long. She gobbled up all the crackers and a couple of granola bars and then Marcel walked back to the truck, with her following, opened up the tail gate and she jumped right in! She is such a precious dog! She is so nice and sweet, she comes when you call her and she knows the command to sit. She acted like her back leg was hurt so we're thinking that maybe she fell out of the back of a truck :( . We could tell she had been out there for a while because of her appearance and she was extremely hungry and thirsty. I really wish we had room to keep her but sadly we don't so Marcel had the dog catcher come pick her up on Monday, 10/11/10, to see if she could find her a home. We let her know that if she couldn't then we will take her back rather than her be put down. Hopefully she can find an awesome and loving family for this awesome and loving dog!
On our way home!

Exploring the yard!

She was really good with Toby and whoever came to visit.

When we first saw her and figured out she was in fact a female, I kept wanting to call her "Lady"! I'm not exactly sure why but I think that name fits her perfectly!
I was really sad I didn't get to say goodbye to her (I was at work when she left) but I'm glad I got to spend the weekend with her! I'll miss you Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment