Wednesday, June 19

Fish out of water!

I got a call from Marcel right before lunch and he was all sorts of excited!
"The fish are biting a ton today! Come home and we'll hurry up the canyon so you can cast a few!"
This has happened before mind you, and we hustled back up, and I didn't catch anything. So I was hopeful but not expecting much.
To my great surprise, they were biting like crazy! Literally every cast (if not every other) I got a bite and reeled in a fish! It was the funnest time I've ever had fishing, and the most successful!
We released quite a few of course but did keep some between the two of us!
After helping Marcel clean the fish (and by "helping" I mean that I held the freezer bag for him to put the fish into when he was finished cleaning them!) and shoveling down some Reeses Puffs for lunch, I headed back to work. Marcel's long time pal stopped by for a visit while I was home and after I left these two headed up the loop for a relaxing ride!
Thanks hun for the great time and for letting me hog the fishing pole!
Have I mentioned how much I love that man?! Oh I have? Well okay then........! ;)
I found this quote and love it because it's so true. Even if you're only gone for a half hour!
I know I've said it before but I'm so grateful that we live so close to the mountains and can sneak away to make memories like these!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I agree, you do need a place that you love to just get away from everything!!

    ReplyDelete