Tuesday, August 3

Stampede Weekend/Frogger Returns

The Stampede this year was as fun as it always is! On Thursday we decided to go out and watch the horse parade for a bit with Toby because he'd never seen a horse before. It was pretty entertaining to watch his face as they passed! He didn't take his eyes off of them the whole time we were out there (silly puppy)! Marcel and I got tickets to watch the rodeo that night and it didn't disappoint! For the halftime show they had two motorcyclists doing jumps and tricks off of a big ramp. I was tense the whole time because I was afraid they were going to crash, which cracked Marcel up, but they were awesome! We had a blast!

Friday Jessica came over to watch the parade with me and Toby because Marcel had to work. The parade was great this year! My dear friend Carolyn did an awesome job getting all of those entries! Also, it was fun watching all of the little kids chase after all of the candy that was thrown! That will be fun in the future when I'm watching our own kids doing that (plus then I can snatch some pieces for myself ;) )! After the parade we walked around and looked at all of the different booths. I didn't end up buying anything, not because I didn't want to, but it was still fun to look! After going home and eating some yummy Mac&Cheese for dinner I got a call from my good friend Ashley Koyle saying that they had 2 extra box seat tickets for the rodeo that night and wanted us to come so they wouldn't go to waste. So Jes and I got to go and watch the rodeo from up close! It was awesome! I also got to play with this adorable little guy almost the whole time!This is Ashley and Justin's little guy Keyson! He's such a good baby! He was just as entertaining as the rodeo! I told Marcel that we may have to pony up a little extra money next year for some box seats because it was awesome being so close to the action! After the rodeo I reluctantly gave Keyson back to Ashley and Jes and I went home and watched a movie before going to bed!

Saturday Marcel picked Austen up from my grandparents house in Holladay so he could go to the car show with us (the guys favorite part)! When they got to our house, everyone got ready and we headed over to the car show. There were a lot of awesome cars there, not as many as last year but it was still a good turn out. We hung around there for a while, walked around a few times and ran into quite a few people we know, then we headed back home to get out of the heat! Jes and Austen went home and then Marcel and I went back to look at the booths again (my favorite part)! I was determined to find a new purse that was both cute and functional but was unsuccessful in my quest :( . We did however find a new pair of awesome sunglasses for both myself and Marcel! They were only $5 each which is an awesome deal so we couldn't resist! We also got one of those lemonade twist drinks which cost $6 (Holy Moly I know)! It's a large drink and it tastes good but I personally don't think that it's $6 a cup good. Like I mentioned before it was really hot so we ended up going home soon after we purchased our lemonade to cool off inside.

We don't usually watch the bathing beauty parade but this year Marcel's sister Dani (a gorgeous 17 year old) was one of the contestants. We missed the beginning of the parade and didn't realize she was #2 so we missed her but Marcel's brother was able to snap some pictures of her on stage!
That night we were on call for the rodeo with Ambulance so we got in for free! No one got hurt so we were able to enjoy the whole rodeo and we had pretty good seats other than the fact that we were right by an entrance so people kept making Marcel scoot over so they could get up to their seats even though it WASN'T an isle! Yeah no hard feelings there at all ;)! After taking the Ambulance back to the station we went home, let Toby out and had a surprise visitor!

Yep, that's Frogger! He came back to our bug buffet! Marcel got him back in the box and took him back over to the creek. We haven't seen him again since that night so he must have found a better bug supply elsewhere! We couldn't believe he came back! It gave us a pretty good laugh!

It was so much fun going to the rodeo every night! It never gets old! We had a great weekend and can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment