Friday, September 14

Damsel in Shining Armor...

...Clumsily rescuing my Knight in Distress!
Today while I was sitting at work, I received a phone call that I never thought I'd EVER get. Marcel called me to tell me that he had run out of gas on the freeway! Yes you read that right, Marcel.Ran.Out.Of.Gas!!! So, being the heroine that I am, I rushed to his rescue! I ran home, got an empty gas can, hustled to get it filled at the Maverik in Santaquin, then went in search of my Knight! When I stopped at the light to get back on the freeway I got a strong whiff of gasoline but didn't think much of it considering where I had just come from. I drove down the freeway and saw Marcel's car pulled to the side of the road to which I pulled in behind him.
Marcel saw me in his rear view mirror, got out of the car, and walked towards the truck with a big smirk on his face that said "I know, I know"! I watched him walk around to the back of the truck where the gas can lay and saw his shoulders slump. I instantly knew what he was seeing, which he confirmed when he came around to the window to tell me it had spilled all over the truck bed. *sigh*, just my luck.
He took the can and made a feeble attempt to pour the remaining drops into his tank, which actually worked.....a little! The Mustang started after a minute of persuading and I followed him to the next exit, where the car ran out of gas for a 2nd time at the bottom of the off-ramp, a mear 100-200yrds away from the gas station!! FOR.THE.LOVE!!!!
We each pulled off of the road and I sat with the car, head held in shame, while Marcel took the truck to fill up the gas can, again, and bring it back to the poor Mustang.
This time it didn't spill, because he put the cap on the correct way, and he was able to fill up the Mustang enough to make the long 1 block journey to the gas station!
Yeah....I'm not the greatest rescuer, but I sure do try! We're already laughing about this and I now know how to put the cap back on a gas tank!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment