Thursday, July 5

Let Freedom Ring

We switched things up a bit this year from our usual traditions. I was terrible with taking pictures, as in I didn't take any, so bear with me! I went to Moroni the night of the 3rd to spend the night. We attempted sleeping out on the trampoline but with all the unfamiliar noises and the cats jumping on and off Toby wouldn't sit still. So around 2:30am I took Toby in the house to try and get a smidgen of sleep before the sun came up but wasn't very successful. 7:30 was breakfast time and I was already exhausted! Reluctantly I got up and we all got ready and went to the Parade. My dear friend Kat came over for a visit and I got to see her cute little man Terrix who is already 8months old!! I hadn't seen him since he was brand new in the hospital so it was really fun to see how much he's grown and it was fun seeing his beautiful mom!
via Kat's Facebook
After the parade we got everything together and headed to Nephi. Marcel had just come home from work that morning so he was waiting for us there! We went to the Nephi Park for the the festivities and shortly after getting there Marcel got called out to a structure fire. The rest of us hung around for a bit longer and then we headed back to our house to relax until "Lunner"! Marcel got home just in time to help BBQ the turkey and help set up. We all set up camp chairs under the big tree in our front yard and ate outside which was so nice! It was fun sitting around just chatting and enjoying every one's company and all the delicious food! After a while my family went to watch the new "Spider Man" movie (which they said was actually pretty good) and Marcel and I stayed home (didn't really have a desire to see it and I doubt I could've stayed awake through it, it was over 2hrs long) and caught up on our "Awkward" series!
When their movie was over they came and got their things and headed home because my dad had to work.
There were no fireworks this year as a precaution because of all the fires. It was kinda sad not having the fireworks to mark the holiday but I completely understand why. Hopefully next year won't be so dry!

On a more serious note, I am so grateful for the men and women who serve and have served to protect this great nation's freedom. They and their families have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice so much to do so.
Thank you so much for all that you do! We are forever grateful for your service!
God bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment