Monday, July 16

78th Annual Ute Stampede

The grand ol' Ute Stampede! 78 years of good times! Regardless of the bad weather that was looming every day threatening to ruin everything, all of the events pushed forward and it was still a good year!
We started the Stampede off by going to the Rodeo on Thursday night because I had won a drawing for 4 box seat tickets from work! We had a heck of a time getting anyone to come with us (who knew it would be so hard to have people come watch the rodeo in box seats for free?!?!) and finally got Jes and Austen to come! The rodeo that night seemed very unorganized but we still had a good time watching the events! We had tickets for my family to come watch the rodeo with us on Friday so Jes and Austen just spent the night!
The next day work got out early for the Mammoth Parade! We had a pretty good spot kitty-corner from our house and we even got some candy (go us!)! We ended up heading home about half way through the parade because it got extremely windy and started to pour but we looked out the window and saw that they didn't let the weather stop the parade! Those poor beauty queens looked miserable on their floats trying to hang on to their crowns, cover their faces, wave and keep smiling through the rain! What troopers!
The float with the heads sang and the mouths would move! It was by far my favorite float! Also, have you ever seen a pink saxophone?! I love it! And didn't the new brush truck look so nice?! ;)
Once my mom and dad arrived we made some scrumptious skewers and corn on the cob for dinner (SOOO good!) and then headed to the rodeo! The flag flying through the air paired with the patriotic music gets me every time, I am definitely proud to be an American!
 Ready for the fun to begin and praying it wouldn't rain, which it didn't! Phew! :)
 Friday night is the "Tough enough to wear Pink" night. It is so awesome to see all those cowboys/cowgirls sporting their pink to support breast cancer awareness!
 Our seats were awesome Friday night! We were right next to the shoots so we had a great view of everything! They also did some young bull riding right at the beginning (no pics :(....) and had a kid as young as 6 do it! They were so small and cute on those little bulls! I couldn't believe it!
Friday night was much more organized and we enjoyed it a whole lot more! Marcel even spoiled us all by getting us Funnel Cakes! Oh.My.Gosh they were good! I didn't even think to take a picture until our plates were empty! Maybe I'll remember next year before I'm mesmerized by the deep fried cakey goodness! :)
 I skipped out on the coin dig this year....I know, I know....totally lame, but I was pretty tired! So after the rodeo we headed home and said our goodbyes and went to bed so we'd be rested for Saturday's Car Show!
It was fun hanging out with friends and getting compliments on Marcel's baby! He enjoyed it! And he won 1st place in his category!! Granted his car was the only one in that category, but still! He was kinda bummed that he didn't have competition but the bad weather kept a lot of cars in their garages this year.
Oh and wouldn't you know it? Jes designed the shirts for the car show! She is so dang talented! I think I'll have her sign mine! :)
Not the clearest picture but they are seriously awesome! So proud! :)
I always love this time of year and can't wait to do it again next year for the 79th Annual Ute Stampede!!
See ya'll then! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment