Thursday, May 26

*Ring,Ring* Who's there? Destiny? I've been expecting your call...!



The title pretty much sums it up but let us go back about a month to paint a clearer picture...!



Marcel got an email towards the end of April from the Salt Lake City Fire Dept. stating that if he was still interested in a job with them to give them a call because they will be hiring 14 more people (Marcel is #4 on the hiring list). He called right after that and set up his second interview for May 11th @ 1:30. The time that passed between setting up the interview and it actually getting here took FOR.EV.ER!! When it finally came Marcel did great! Funny story: Marcel had to shave off his goatee for the interview, since you have to be clean shaved as a firefighter so the face masks will seal properly. He HATES doing that because he thinks it makes him look like a 12 year old boy! I think it's cute and he's still just as handsome (but I am a bit biased)! When he arrived for his interview he was riding in an elevator with a Salt Lake City Fireman and they were having some small talk. The man asked Marcel if he was fresh out of High School! Marcel replied, "Uh, no. I graduated in '02!". The guy was surprised! Haha! So when Marcel got called into his interview the first thing they asked him was to tell them a bit about himself. He started by saying "Let's just get this out of the way, on my way up here I was asked if I'm fresh out of High School. I'm not!"! Needless to say it gave the guys a chuckle and broke the ice for them all!

After talking to him they told him he is a very good candidate and that they will let him know either way in 2 weeks. Okay, so I thought the weeks before the interview were bad. They were nothing compared to these 2 weeks! ToRtUrE!!

Well yesterday marked 2 weeks to the day and we didn't hear anything. My stomach was in knots all day and I'm sure Marcel's was too. I kept trying to talk him into calling them but he said they'd have to let him know either way by Friday and if he hadn't heard back by then, he'd call. I kept trying to talk him into calling anyway but he refused. So I came to work this morning and my phone rang around 9:30am. I looked and saw it was Marcel and suddenly I could feel my heart beating. Usually he sleeps until about 11:30 so I don't hear from him until at least then. I answered the phone and he sounded pretty tired with a hint of sadness. My heart began beating faster. He said Toby woke him up, which I knew wasn't true because Toby always sleeps until Marcel gets up. Then he said "Oh and I got a little call," in a put out tone. And faster.


"AND?!" I demanded impatiently!


"*Big sigh*....long pause...."


"Marcel!"


"They said they'd like to offer me a position!"


Joyous hoorahs!


I am SOOO grateful that he got this job! It truly is a dream come true! It is going to work so much better for us and where it's Marcel's dream job he will be a much happier camper going to work! Better pay, great benefits and retirement! All around a really good deal! No we won't be moving (and not just because Marcel refuses to leave Nephi!). He'll be working 2 full days and then he'll be off for 4 full days so the commute will not be a problem!



Well my friends our future is looking brighter! I'm excited to see what it has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment