Monday, February 28

Stop Picking On Me!

My dear sister was browsing the Internet to find tips to stop picking her face (a terrible habit that she and I share) when she came across this website: http://www.stoppickingonme.com/index.php .
Confession time: I love picking my face. Well it's sort of a love/hate thing. I love the success of getting the gunk out of my pores but I hate the results. I cannot pick just one zit. If I get up close enough to a mirror to pick one thing it always, ALWAYS results in me sitting on the sink and picking until my entire face is red and blotchy in turn making me more self conscious then I was with that little zit that probably only I could see in the first place.
The truth is, picking my face relieves stress for me. Whenever I'm frustrated, stressed, nervous or anxious I go to the mirror and pick at my face. It may sound weird but when I pick my face my mind kinda goes to a place of zen where I forget about everything except picking my face and I feel better. I will find the most minuscule thing to pick as long as I'm picking. If I don't have a mirror I pick at my fingers. I pick at zits until they bleed because then I feel that I got everything out. I pick at the skin around my fingers until they bleed, are sore and are ugly to look at. I HATE that I pick like this but I can't stop. Marcel tries to help but can't. I find myself picking when he isn't around because then he can't stop me (which is pathetic in my opinion). It isn't like he doesn't know. The evidence, pardon then pun, is written all over my face (and fingers)! I can manage to cover most of what I do to my face with make-up but I can't cover my fingers (and I'm not about to start wearing gloves all the time!). I've been doing this since I started getting zits (so quite a while)! Picking at my fingers has developed over the past few years but is getting increasingly worse. The more I try to focus on not picking, the more I want to pick, and do.
This website is speaking right to me in some ways! I haven't read through the whole thing yet but I am excited about where it is heading so I wanted to share. It is written in a book format so it is easy to read. If you or anyone you know has a skin picking problem then this is definitely worth taking a look at. I'm really hoping that it helps me in my efforts to STOP PICKING ON MYSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment