Monday, July 19

Mom's "Happyday"!

It was my mom's bir...I mean "happy day" on July 19,2010. She wouldn't allow us to say "birthday" so we were required to just call it a "happy day"! She's not taking the whole aging thing too well so she hasn't enjoyed her birthdays the past few years. I keep trying to tell her that age is just a number but she won't listen. She has always been "the cool mom" with me and all my friends so she has never acted old. I love my silly mom!

For her birthday Marcel and I went to Moroni to celebrate the day before her birthday (my dad took her out on a date just the two of them for her actual birthday. How sweet!). While my family was at church I made her birthd....happy day cake while Marcel went to check his trail camera. I baked a yellow cake in two 9" rounds. The middle layer was a scrumptious combination of cream cheese, whip cream, powdered sugar and chopped up snickers (her favorite candy bar). I just frosted the top layer of the cake with chocolate frosting and then added sprinkles and candles! It was pretty good but you couldn't eat a lot because it was extremely sweet. I think it could've done without the chocolate frosting as delicious as frosting is I think it pushed it over the top of the sugar scale on this one. Everyone loved it though regardless of the tummy ache/sugar rush that came from it!

My mom is such an amazing woman and words cannot describe how much she means to me. She has ALWAYS been there for me and continues to be there whenever I need her (which is pretty often:) ). She is a miracle worker, an awesome example, a great cook, very crafty, extremely talented, beautiful, a wonderful mother, one of my very best friends, and much MUCH more! I hope to be even half as good a mom as she is/has been. I know that I wouldn't have accomplished as much as I have or be where I am today without her guidance and loving push for excellence. She has done/sacrificed so much for us and I hope she knows how much I am truly grateful for all of it.
I LoVe YoU MoM! Oh and...HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment