Monday, August 13

Deer Camp Recon

Yesterday we did some recon hiking to see which way we want to pack in for our hunt. Oh man let me tell you, I'm glad we are going a different route because where we went yesterday was steep and tough. I didn't even have a backpack on and we only hiked half of the way we would for the real thing and I thought I was going to die! Seriously what is the point of working out if it doesn't help out at all in real life when you need it?! Okay I'll step down off my soap box now....*kerplunk*!
We did have some gorgeous views on the way up though!
Part way up we watched a helicopter make a few trips from the bottom of the canyon to the top of a peak dropping off what we assumed to be sheep. We of course don't know for sure but it was kinda neat to watch!
Finally made it to the top! Don't let my smile deceive you, while I was happy to know we'd made it as far as we planned to go, I was exhausted, my legs wanted to quit, and I wanted to just float in a cold swimming pool with an ice cold lemonade!
We did rest for about 1/2 hour and then we headed back down. Almost 3 hours is how long it took us to get up there and it took less than 45 minutes to get down!! Marcel and Manny would've made it up much faster if they didn't have to keep stopping for me. They were very patient with me though so I didn't feel so bad!
I'm even more nervous for Friday to get here now that it's more real how hard this will be. It is going to be so worth it though!! I hope...!

No comments:

Post a Comment