Friday, April 8

Talking in your sleep!

So before I go into this story I must enlighten you a bit. When Marcel is exhausted, he is almost guaranteed to sit up in the middle of the night and start talking in his sleep! Usually he turns to a corner of the room and calls to a dog (odd I know) or mumbles something inaudible! I usually just coax him to lay down and go back to sleep which doesn't take long and he never remembers it in the morning!

Well on this particular night he sat up and was looking frantically around the room and mumbled a question in a bit of a panic. Still waking up I didn't really understand him the first time so I said "What?" and he repeated "Where's the baby?". Now I was awake!

"Honey we don't have a baby!"


"Oh." He sat there for a second and then started patting the covers around him still looking.


"Toby's over here under the covers if that's what you're looking for."


"I know."


Silence


"Okay just go back to sleep!" I said laying back down chuckling.



He sat there for a little bit longer so I pulled on his shoulder and he finally layed down and went back to sleep. Interesting, eh?! When I told my mom this story she said "Perhaps his subconscious is trying to tell him something!", can you tell she's ready for us to have a baby! I just laughed and when I asked Marcel he didn't remember any of it! He said he remembers dreaming about puppies at one time but I know that if it's dog related he calls to them! That's happened a few times already! Who knows what he was dreaming about because he really doesn't remember! It was just a funny little event I wanted to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment