Monday, March 7

Trip to Italy!

Yesterday I planned a fun date inspired by, you guessed it, the Dating Divas! While Marcel slept in to catch up on his rest I set up the invitation for him to see when he woke up

and then ran to the grocery store to get the supplies for the evening.


Skip ahead to that evening around dinner time! For the 'Italian Cuisine' we made Calzones. I had bought bread loaf dough to use, that I would later come to regret a bit, and toppings that include spaghetti sauce mixed with tomato paste to thicken it up, pepperoni, cheese, olives, mushrooms, green peppers, and then they were glazed in egg white and sprinkled with Italian Seasoning and Parmesan cheese! I really wish I would have taken a picture before we baked them because they were already pretty big but whilst in the oven they turned into... **Calzilla's**!


Marcel ate his entire Calzone (which he later regretted understandably so!) and I was able to force down half of mine! They were a bit intimidating but they were tasty and it was fun making them together!


For dessert we had Fruit Pizza! Now I know this isn't really Italian but 'pizza' IS Italian so technically it could be justified! Regardless, that's what we had and it was DeLiCiOuS!

While waiting for dinner to cook we tuned into some 'Renaissance Culture' by painting pictures of somewhere we'd like to go using water colors! We had fun getting in touch with our Kindergarten selves!!

We have "Angels & Demons" DVRed so I planned on us watching that for the 'Foreign Film' but neither of us was in the mood for that so we ended up watching "Ponyo" which I think is a Japanese film so that is still 'Foreign' (see, you can justify anything!)! It's a cute movie and had us laughing the whole time! It is a bit different but it's still good and I recommend it!


Overall our little trip to Italy was a good one! Perhaps one day we'll be able to go there for real....!

No comments:

Post a Comment