Monday, January 3

Prehistoric Adventure!

I got a fun date idea from this Dating Diva's Post and turned it into my own! Marcel LOVES the Jurassic Park movies so I thought it might be fun to use that as the theme of our movie marathon date! I really wanted to get some shirts but didn't want to pay $20 for each one so I decided to get a bit crafty! I printed the logo off of the Internet, used an exacto-knife to cut out the parts I wanted to paint, pulled out a black pj shirt of mine and Marcel's, pinned, painted and viola!


And the best part is that it didn't cost a dime!

I made this invitation and stuck it on the front door so Marcel would get it when he came home from work,


decorated our entry doors like the entry to Jurassic Park (sorta!),


and attempted to make some Pterodactyls!


He got home, saw the invitation, then came and climbed into bed for some much needed sleep. When we finally got up around 11:30 (I was pretty tired too!) I made pancakes (I was going to cut them into dinosaur shapes but Marcel just wanted plain round ones). They were pretty tasty! Next he opened his present with our shirts in it!



Then we watched the first Jurassic Park movie! We haven't seen them in a while so it was fun! After the movie was over we went deer spotting and then came home and I made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner which turned out to be DeLiCiOuS (sorry no pictures, we scarfed it down pretty fast!)! At this point it was getting late so we decided not to continue our prehistoric adventure and just relaxed watching some regular TV. We needed to get up sooner to get all 3 watched in one day but what can I say, we love our sleep! It was still fun though! Marcel admitted to being a bit hesitant to go into the living room when he saw the door because of what I did to it for the last date I planned but I didn't rearrange anything for this one! I was a bit lame...!

I have fun doing stuff like this to surprise him and I think he enjoys it too' which is good because I have more planned for the future...mwahaha! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment